When using Numbers and I want to underline a cell, the default format is outlining the whole cell. I want the default format in Numbers to be only an underline not a box. Any way to do this?
If by "underline a cell" you mean just a bottom border, this is done in the Cell tab of the inspector.
- Select the cell(s) you wish to apply the bottom border to.
- In the Cell tab on the Inspector select the border formatting.
- There are several dropdowns that allow you to choose the style and weight of the bottom border. See screenshots below.
- Once you get your sheet the way you like it, save it as a template for future use. (This can be your 'default')
If, however, you want the data or content only underlined, this is in the Text tab of the Inspector
- Select the cell with your data
- Apply the underline either by selecting it or using keyboard ⌘+U