So, as the title says, I have an iMac 21.5-inch Mid 2010 model and I installed Windows 8.1 with Boot Camp. After attempting to uninstall Ubuntu and Windows in Disk Utility (in OS X and Recovery) it would always give me an error, "Partition failed with the error: The requested size change for the target disk or a related disk is too small. Please try a different disk or partition, or make a larger change."
What I have tried:
- I have tried resetting PRAM/NVRAM with Command + Option/Alt + P+R, nothing.
- I have tried holding X to Start up from an OS X startup volume when the Mac would otherwise start up from a non-OS X startup volume. Using Startup key combinations for Mac, still nothing (did work before).
- I have done things in grub rescue such as
ls (lists partitions and disks)and attempted to boot back into Ubuntu.
- I have tried holding Option/Alt to get into the startup manager, still boots to grub rescue.
- I have tried holding Command + R to boot into Recovery, worked before, not working now.
What I can't do:
- Can't use another Mac to do anything such as target disk mode (no firewire cable).
My iMac Specs:
21.5 inch, 3.06 Mhz, has OSX 10.10 installed with Windows and Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS.