My wife dropped her phone on Sunday... I don't want to replace the screen if it's the logic board and nothing can be done to recover her data. A beautiful picture:
If this were the 1970's her phone would be so vogue... Who didn't love plaid back then?
Anyway... I have taken the screen off and checked the connections, put everything back together. No change.
- The phone still rings when called
- The phone vibrates when switched into silent mode
- The digitizer is not working - the phone cannot be "unlocked" and calls cannot be answered
- There was a screw that had detached from the retaining plate where the screen connects to the logic board
- I tried hard reboots (power + home)
- The home and power buttons are still recognized but this has no impact on the artifacting display
- During the hard reboot the display goes blank and then lights up again after being restarted.
- I tried disconnecting / reconnecting the battery from the logic board
- This had no impact on the display. We've gone plaid.
Curious if anyone can tell whether this symptom is indicative of a bad logic board or if the display / digitizer cables have been damaged!