I recently installed the latest MAMP version on my iMac running Yosemite 10.10.4. MAMP runs fine, used it all day and left it running overnight. Upon waking up the iMac, I have noticed the system is hanging:
- Websites not opening in Chrome
- Stopping servers in MAMP doesn't respond
- Force quit Chrome and tried to restart but doesn't work
- Opened Safari but it won't open any URL
- Beach ball appears when hovering over the Wifi icon
- Restarted Mac but system gets stuck on a black screen with a white, spinning icon as if something is in progress
- Only way to reuse iMac is through holding the power button and powering back on
I'm relatively new to OSX so not entirely sure where to look and how to diagnose. The only theory I have at the moment is that MAMP is somehow hanging the system (it's the only recent change to the system other than Ruby on Rails and a few other development frameworks installed but I haven't used these in a few days).
Any ideas on where to look or how to diagnose?