I have word document (.docx on a mac) at 3.4 MB. When I save it to PDF it becomes a whomping 90 MB. I can't make it smaller and I can't figure out why it's happening. Here are the details:
- I've tried to convert it to PDF through: save as pdf, print --> open as pdf --> save, print --> save as PDF.
- I've done the PostScript work around and it did not help
- I've used the quartz filter to reduce file size, it did not help
- I've used websites to compress the PDF, they did not help
- I've copied and pasted to a new word document, same thing happened.
- The document has very few photos and things. It's 120 pages, mostly just text in Calibri, with a table of contents and page breaks.
- I have an old version of this file at 3 MB, PDF at 4 MB. When I open the old version and save it as PDF, it jumps to 75 MB. WHAT IS HAPPENING.
- Other computers have had the same problem with it saving at 90 MB.
I do not have any adobe products, just Preview.
Even more than how to compress this file, what I really want to know is why is this happening? What is it about my computer or documents or preview that's making this so stupid??