I currently use Gmail and Google Calendar for my primary email and calendar system. I've been using them both through the web interface so I can best take advantage of all the features. However I'm considering switching to Mail & iCal, and I'm trying to figure out what I will and won't be able to do. (I already set up syncing with Mail & Calendar on my iPhone, and Address Book on both my iPhone and Mac.)
Here are the features I use:
- Keyboard shortcuts in Gmail
- Several alternate email addresses that are forwarded to and fetched by my primary Gmail account
- When I reply to an email that was sent to one of these addresses, Gmail automatically picks that address to send from
- Sending mail from plus-addresses (e.g. [email protected])
- Priority Inbox ("Important" messages, as determined by Gmail's algorithm, appear at the top of my inbox)
- Labels, which appear next to the message subject in my inbox
- In Google Calendar, I have added a couple public calendars that I can view events from.
Are all of these features easy to sync with Mail and iCal? In particular, how do I set up the ability to send from my other addresses? Will I have to add my other accounts separately in Mail (and if so, will I still be able to view them when I visit gmail.com on another device)?