I have an 80GB iPod classic that is not being recognized by iTunes. Here's what happened:
- Ipod ran out of battery. I charged it on a speaker dock, and it opened with no memory, restored to default settings (no idea why)
- I tried to connect it to itunes, and it didn't work. My computer recognizes it as a removable drive and it indicated it was charging but itunes did not recognize a device was connected.
- I uninstalled and re-installed itunes (no change)
- I put the ipod in disk mode and connected it (no change)
- I ran an diagnostic in itunes, and theses were the results:
Microsoft Windows 8 x64 Home Premium Edition (Build 9200) Dell Inc. Inspiron 3521 iTunes 220.127.116.11 QuickTime not available FairPlay 2.8.28 Apple Application Support 3.2 iPod Updater Library 12.0 CD Driver 18.104.22.168 CD Driver DLL 22.214.171.124 Apple Mobile Device 126.96.36.199 Apple Mobile Device Driver 188.8.131.52 Bonjour 184.108.40.206 (333.10) Gracenote SDK 3.06.1.3084 Gracenote MusicID 3.06.1.3084 Gracenote Submit 3.06.1.3084 Gracenote DSP 3.06.1.3084 iTunes Serial Number 000000897B7B8E7C Current user is not an administrator. The current local date and time is 2015-07-05 18:27:22. iTunes is not running in safe mode. WebKit accelerated compositing is enabled. HDCP is supported. Core Media is supported. **** External Plug-ins Information **** No external plug-ins installed. **** Device Connectivity Tests **** iPodService 220.127.116.11 (x64) is currently running. iTunesHelper 18.104.22.168 is currently running. Apple Mobile Device Service service 22.214.171.124 is currently running. No Universal Serial Bus Controller found. No FireWire (IEEE 1394) Host Controller found. Most Recent Devices Not Currently Connected: iPod classic running firmware version 1.1.2 Serial Number: 8!@#$%^&*()
Note: It gave the real serial number, not sure if i should post it with that though.
Other things: My computer is a Dell, running windows 8.1; I have connected this ipod to this computer and updated it successfully before. There is no damage to the cord, or USB ports. I do not have access to another computer to test the ipod.
Thanks in advance for any advice as to how to proceed, I really want to be able to use my ipod again!