Platform: OS X: Yosemite 10.10.4; Xcode: v6.4 (6E35b); MacbookPro 15" Retina (mid-2015).
Fact: As C compiler and linker (upon standard) create .o and executable file(s)
- Where (please provide path, or tell where I can configure by myself one) are those files stored by Xcode?
- Is this executable portable such that it can be run on Linux and Windows?
- Does Xcode gives same results (for obj and executable) as if I perform compilation manually in MacOS terminal?
- Is it possible in Xcode separately compile and separately link? If yes - please describe how?
- What compiler (type and version) exactly Xcode uses to compile?
- In general, regarding C and Java languages especially, how common is it for programmers who do not develop only for OS X or iOS to use Xcode?