Does anybody have experience with this? Any best practice suggestsions? In my own research, I've learned the following:
Desktop Uploader for Mac
- Seems oblivious to iCloud Photo Library.
- It offers to upload my "iPhoto Library", but this is no the same as the "Photos" library. The best I can apparently do is to point it to the "Masters" directory of the Photos (not iPhoto) library.
- Seems more "aware" of the iCloud Photo Library, even offering to sync deletes on Google Photos BACK to the iCloud Photo library.
- Biggest issues here is the Google Photos iOS App seems to forget the connection between the Google version of the photo and the iCloud version, displaying a "merged" version of the libraries. This has the appearance of MANY duplicates, where iCloud versions are identified by a small cloud icon.
- The upload process is incredibly slow from iOS. I suspect this is due to the fact that it must first download the photo/video from iCloud prior to uploading to Google Photos.
Numerous Google searches have not turned up any solutions. Has anybody successfully integrated these two services? If so, can you please share your solution or best practices?