Since yesterday the System Preferences pane on Mail, Contacts & Calendars refuses to connect to Google to setup e-mail, calendars and contacts. It started after Contacts.app did not want to sync with Google Contacts and asked and refused my correct password. After that Mail.app and Calendar.app did the same. I removed the account from System Preferences and attempted to start anew.
However, now it throws the following error at me:
Nowhere in any log I know can I find more information on the error. When I monitor the connection using Little Snitch it shows that the following connections are attempted:
I can ping them all through Terminal.app successfully.
I have no 2-step verification, so I'm not using application specific passwords in Google.
This is what I've tried, all without a positive outcome:
- Add a Gmail account in the Guest user (same error).
- Make a new Gmail account, try to add it (same error).
- Enable 2-step verification, make application specific passwords (same error).
- Run Keychain first aid.
- Verify & Repair permissions.
- Verify & Repair disk (volume bitmap needed minor repair for orphaned blocks). After repair still the same situation.
/etc/hostsfile to default.
- Disabled Little Snitch.
- Boot from external drive into Yosemite, try to add the Google account.
- Try connection through ethernet instead of airport express.
- Try connection through a different network entirely.
- Following the troubleshooting steps from Google.
- Allowing "less secure application" (that still use OAuth 1.0) to login to Google.
- Resetting the Keychain
I've really exhausted my Google-fu and little knowledge I have on Macs. I would really appreciate some pointers on where to look further.