I would like to run yosemite in virtualbox on yosemite. I've tried many step-by-step guides, without success. While there is a lot of descriptions on how to install hacked OS X on windows, I want to stay legal and use unmodified OS X, only in a virtualized manner.
- create ISO from /Applications/Install OS X Yosemite.app (at least two different ways) and supply it as Bootable CD and
- create bootable USB and attached it as virtual disk
but boot always get stuck with
Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport! message. There is a youtube video on how to eliminate this issue, but I'm not sure on how to set boot flags in virtualbox (tried:
VBoxManage setextradata osx "VBoxInternal2/EfiBootArgs" "-s", then boot displayed bash prompt for a second, but couldn't type anything there). I've also tried to set cpuidset (was suggested in one article) via
VBoxManage modifyvm osx --cpuidset 1 000206a7 02100800 1fbae3bf bfebfbff, but that made no difference, neither.
I need all this hassle, because I want to create a build environment setup script, therefore
- I should be able to throw away my os state at any time and start fresh.
- I don't want to install every sort of dev tools, because I want to keep clean my machine for daily use and
- I want to be able to have multiple dev environments with different setups (for work and for my sandbox projects)
I'm also new to mac community. I appreciate any help. Thank you in advance.