I googled for hours to find a solution for this issue, but I couldn't find an answer that fitted for my problem.
- I have an iMac with a ~1TB Hard Drive
- I'm backing it up via Time Machine to a Synology NAS DS214+ with ~2.7TB Space
- I forgot to set a size limit for the backup user. No my Time Machine Backup uses about 2.3TB space. That's not cool.
- I can't set a quota to the Synology user, because it beginns to count starting zero.
What I want to do:
- If anyhow possible I want to tell my Time Machine Backup to shrink automatically to a limit of ~1.5TB by deleting the oldest backups.
- Then I want the sparse bundle to not get bigger anymore.
Does anyone of you see a solution? Or do I have to delete all my old backups to reach my goal?