I tried everything in here didn't work. I am using a 13" macbookpro retina, latest OS.
Stuff I did that might have cause this:
- I updated 3 apps 1 of them was Xcode, the other was something about OSX, the third I can't remember.
- I installed Cocoapods but never used it.
- Did some tutorials and learned a little bash commands, nothing extreme that should have caused this.
After these actions I used the mac to write software, browser internet, watch videos, I used it for half a day and nothing weird happened. I closed the screen and reopened in an hour and had this problem.
Right now I am connected from the internet recovery. I see this screen:
- I cannot restore from time machine backup, cause I have none
- I cannot reinstall OS X cause it doesn't see my SSD. "Select the disk where you want to install OS X, under it nothing"
- Get help online isn't very helpful
- In disk utility:
Macintosh Hd, Disk Status: Offline Capacity: 120GB, Available: 120GB, Used: 335MB (Weird at least 100GB was used and I am pretty sure I didn't format it by accident)
I click "Verify Disk": The partition map needs to be repaired because there's a problem with the EFI system partition's file system.
I click "Repair Disk": Couldn't repair the partition map because a new EFI system partition couldn't be created.
Also tried this: What does "EFI system partition couldn't be created" mean?
- I have seen a few posts where they recommend me to backup the system and then reinstall the OS. I cannot backup and I cannot reinstall.
What am I supposed to do? My hands seem to be tied..