Yet again I have a task to do that would be great to automate. Yet after searching for examples that are even close I am nowhere.
Here is what I am trying to do: First I Perform a search by specific year (Only needs to be done once so I can do this manually) Then I select the first record to get things set to run a loop routing. Next will be the repeated actions;
- depress COMMAND + SHIFT + P to print
- depress my own defined keyboard shortcut "^P" that's tied to an automator script which then performs a "Save As PDF..."
- depress right arrow to move to the end of the generic name
- paste the next highest number
- depress the "Save" button (Enter/Return Key press)...which puts me back into the main window where I need to:
- depress the down arrow key then go to step "1."
I can not use AppleScript because the database application is not supported and there isn't a dictionary I can open with supported AppleScript definitions.
Seems like Automator would work but really have no clue about Automator and to be honest every time I try and use it I end up spinning my wheels for days then eventually give up because I just need to get the work done.