I sometimes want to tweet a link from my iPhone (4s / iOS 8). On iOS 6 I used to simply copy the URL from Safari and paste it into the text field of the twitter app.
- Placing the 'cursor' inside URL field inside Safari's URL field
- choosing 'select all' from context menu
- clicking on 'copy' in context menu
- switching apps –> twitter
- choosing 'paste' from context menu
This however seems to not work anymore on iOS 8. Workflow for sending an email with an URL was the same – and also does not work anymore.
Everytime I try to copy a URL as I used to, anything I copied before that url is pasted instead.
I do have a work around now: clicking the 'share by email' icon will open a new email with that link already in the text field which I then can copy to twitter. But I'm just wondering if anybody else has found a way how to copy URLs into other applications – or is this not possible any more by design?
PS: clicking the 'share by twitter' option does not work – but that's a different story I guess.