- I bought and installed Parallels Desktop on my Mac.
- I installed Parallels Transporter Agent on my Windows machine that runs Windows 7.
- I migrated my windows machine to my Mac, took about 36 hours. I can see on my mac desktop all of the files and folders that are on my windows desktop.
- After that was done, the virtual machine says "Upgrading Windows", and below that, per the title of this post, it says "Preparing to configure your virtual machine..."
- It chugs for about a minute, and the progress bar gets about 1/5 of the way.
- It stops and now the virtual machine screen is black, except for: "Windows. Click to Start." If I click on that, it goes back to step 4.
Alternative: On step 4 above, there is a little icon, and if I click on it, it asks me: "Are you sure you want to switch to the manual configuration mode for the "Windows" virtual machine? If I click "Yes" to that, something else happens each time! One of the following 3 things happens:
(a) I get a screen that says "Starting Windows". But after a few seconds, a get a blue screen, and it jumps back to step 4 above.
(b) I get a black screen that says at the bottom "Windows is loading files" that lasts a few seconds; then a progress bar at the bottom that also lasts a few seconds; then I get a blue screen (not the blue screen of death) with what looks like a little black dos popup which lasts just a second; then I get a little wizard popup entitled "Startup repair" which also lasts just a second; then another little popup that lasts less than a second, then back to step 6 above.
(c) I get a black screen entitled "Windows Error Recovery", which gives me two options:
(c.i) Launch Startup Repair (Recommended). Choosing this does the same as (b) above.
(c.ii) Start Windows Normally. Choosing this does the same as (a) above.
Mac OS X Yosemite Version 10.10 iMac 27-inch