I am reading this documentation: https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/PassKit_PG/Chapters/YourFirst.html

In order to register a pass type identifier, I need to be an Apple developer. My pass will be available on a web page (not an iOS app).

Which of the developer programs should I enroll to: iOS/Mac/Safari?

1 Answer 1


You need to enroll in the iOS developer program since Pass Type Identifiers are not available to Mac developers and no identifiers are available to Safari developers.

  • Thanks! While I am waiting to get approved, I am still wondering how come it doesn't say this on any documentation :)
    – Galz
    Commented Feb 27, 2015 at 1:38
  • @Galz I don't know. When you get approved, file a bug report about that. Generally Apple responds. Not fast, I had a bug I opened last year and got fixed last week.
    – Spotlight
    Commented Feb 27, 2015 at 1:44

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .