Solution (Seems Bullet Proof)
Note: It is not a network issue, it is software. Native YouTube App worked on 3st gen iPhone OS 5.1.1 on same network where iPad 1 OS 5.1.1 did not.
I tried all suggestions found on internet and after 2 days I found no more options to try. This issue goes back years and no help from Apple! F..kng Frustrating!!!
But I learned enough from those suggestions to come up with this solution below.
Warning: I have only tried this with (2) iPad1 (mine and a friend) which is why I wrote "seems" bullet proof. Also, you must only use the PC which is tied to your device. The native YouTube device will be repaired BUT not all of your other apps will be restored if you use a different computer. If this happens, then simply reinstall each app on your device through the app store. (When I did this on my friends iPad the apps had not lost their data...Woo Whoo!)
Let's Get Started.
- Backup your iPad 1
- Download legacy OS ( In my case it was OS 5.1.1)
- Easiest way is to open it in iTunes rather than save it to your computer
- Plug your device in and open iTunes.
- When your device appears, click on restore. It should now display the version of the OS you just downloaded. (When I first tried this, iTunes wanted to upgrade my iPad 1 to OS6.1 which deletes the native iTunes app)
- When the reinstall is complete iTunes should ask you if you want to restore or configure a new install. (tell it to restore the copy you saved in step 1)
- Enjoy a fully functioning Native YouTube App, with Favorites restored as well.
No guarantees of course, but I hope this helps.