I've been using OS X since Lion. I'm a sole user of my Mac.
When I log into the Mac, I log in as Admin. Also, in System Preferences, under Users & Groups, the Current User is listed as Admin. However, in Finder, under
/Users, there's a folder with a cottage icon on it, named my firstname and lastname
Also, when I run
get_current_user() in PHP (inside a XAMPP installation), I get my firstname and lastname
- What's the relationship between Admin and firstname and lastname ? Are they the same?
- Why is it that Mac thinks the current user is Admin , but PHP thinks that the current user is my firstname and lastname?
- Under System Preferences, why isn't my firstname and lastname listed anywhere?
- What's the significance of Users listed in the Users folder? Are they different than users listed in System Preferences under Users & Groups?
- Does the concept of a unix-like root account factor in anywhere here?