I find it easier to use the keyboard to navigate around my Mac.
Most of the apps I use work OK with keyboard shortcuts as they tend to highlight the currently active control.
However, I find the Mac App Store difficult to use with the keyboard as it does not highlight controls as I move around the app's window.
To give an example…
- I launch the Mac App Store.
- I hit CMD + F to enter the search box. (I know the search box is active as it's highlighted with a blue border.)
- I type in 'Pages' and hit enter.
- The search results appear.
- I hit TAB to move out of the search box to the search results area, but as I move around using TAB, SHIFT + TAB, etc., the active control is not highlighted.
To be clear, I can "move around" using the keyboard without a problem, but as nothing is highlighted I don't know "where I am".
I've checked through the Accessibility Preference Pane in case there's something there that can help, but can't find anything that might enable highlighting.
I'd be grateful if anyone knows a way to enable highlighting of the currently selected control in the Mac App Store app, whether that's by changing a setting in the Terminal, by using a third party "tweaker" app, etc.
I'm currently running OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 (14C109).