Can I download a version of iWorks from Apple that will work with 10.6.8 before I upgrade to 10.7 or above. I have a lot of Appleworks files I want to convert before I upgrade the system.
As is not available on Apple websites, I found this that seems to work.
- Visit this Softpedia link to download a free trial of iWork ’09.
- Click Download, and then click External Mirror 1.
- Double-click on the downloaded file. This will open up a window with a couple of files inside.
- Double-click Install iWork ’09 Trial and follow the installation instructions.
- After installation, close out the install windows and wait a few minutes for your Mac to recognize the newly-installed apps.
- Next, open up the App Store app and click on the Updates tab at the top. You should see updates for Pages, Numbers and Keynote.
- If you don’t see updates for these apps yet, close out of the App Store and wait a few minutes before opening it back up.