I recently broke my iPhone 4s and am not due for an update for another year. My friend is going to let me use her old iPhone 4s. How do I deactivate my broken phone so that my friends phone will now be usable as mine? My carrier is Verizon

  • The so friendly ppl at Verizon can do that free of charge for you. Not sure about the free of charge so some negotiating skills might be needed. – Ruskes Feb 5 '15 at 0:13

You can call Verizon customer support @ 1 (800) 922-0204. They should be able to deactivate your phone and activate the replacement. Even in the case of newer phones that are unlocked like the iPhone 6 - you still need a Verizon rep to activate the device after placing the SIM in it due to how their network is configured.


I simply put the old sim card into the "new" phone to immediately have phone access. I plan to call ATT and have the new phone officially activated.


Try to put your device in DFU mode then do a full iTunes restore. If not fixed then vist the apple store or call Verizon Support.

  • Please include information as to how to do that. – Tetsujin Feb 5 '15 at 20:04

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .