- Testing netboot on a Macbook Pro 9,2 with Yosemite installed.
- Infoblox DHCP/DNS (Linux style) giving out IP address.
- Reservation for this Mac is set - Logging into OSX provides correct IP etc.
- I have a OSX Server with Netinstall running.
If I try a netboot (press N at power on), this results in the globe flashing but eventually just reverts to disk boot. Checking the Netinstall server logs, there is no activity - the client didn't attempt to conact.
If I try to boot to menu (press Option key), I get an option of booting from the disk, or selecting a WiFi network. There is no ethernet network option. If I press N at this point, nothing happens.
It appears that the ethernet port is not working at this stage in the process, even though it works when booting to OSX. Can anyone advise? How can I check this?
Using the latest available:
- BOOTROM: MBP91.00D3.B08 (EFI 2.9)
- SMC: 2.2f44 (SMC 1.8)