I've been using Yosemite happily since it was released, but yesterday all my icons disappeared. See the attached screenshots. My dock only shows the icon for the Finder, and within Finder itself none of the icons for applications or folders show up. The only thing that seems to work is thumbnail previews for things like Word documents, PDFs and image files.
These are some things I tried already:
- rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/* and sudo rm -rf /Library/Caches/*
- rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/Dock/*.db && killall -HUP Finder Dock
- rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist
- I tried booting in Safe Mode, the problem persists there.
- I even tried reinstalling the OS and for some reason the problem still exists.
- Unfortunately I can't log in as a different user, this is a company mac and my login is our network login.
I'm at a total loss. What can I do? The only thing I can think of that I changed recently was uninstalling an app called Bitcasa by manually removing some of its application files, including /Applications/Bitcasa.app, ~/Library/Preferences/com.bitcasa, ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.bitcasa.Bitcasa.plist, ~/Library/ScriptingAdditions/BitcasaIntegration.osax, ~/Library/Caches/com.bitcasa.Bitcasa, and ~/Library/Application Support/com.bitcasa.Bitcasa.