Here's the problem:
- I just finished burning a CD using the standard feature through Finder, I could hear the "done" sound.
- At that time, I had a different application focussed (e.g. Chrome).
- An alert-like dialog window must have popped up somewhere (e.g. to tell me it's done or something), but I can't find it.
- I now can't focus my already opened Finder window, or even my desktop! I actually can't click any file on my desktop. It will give the short "You can't do that"-sound, kind of a "Bloonk".
I have tried:
- Hiding all windows (of all apps).
- I ejected the CD, thinking maybe the dialog would close then, but it didn't.
- Right-clicking the Finder icon on the dock, to see if the alert dialog is listed, but it's not, and again the only remaining window is not clickable:
- Checking the Expose and moving all windows, no success.
- "Show/Hide Desktop" trackpad gestures in the hope the dialog would pop up.
I have not yet tried logging out or rebooting my computer, I've got tons of project stuff open and I'd prefer not to have to do that. Besides that, this is a childish problem that I shouldn't have to lose to.
How do I find this pesky little dialog? Where is it at? Any help is greatly appreciated.