- Multi-column application list (i.e. no need to scroll)
- Applications shouldn't be split into different categories
- no menu delay (i.e. the delay for opening submenus when the mouse hovers over a folder item should be 0.)
- show the X recently launched applications
- clicking on a non-leaf element of the start menu should have no effect
- can be configured to have several rows
- doesn't let other windows to go under the taskbar
- doesn't combine windows belonging to the same application
- is not transparent
Is there any other great option? I am basically looking for an equivalent of Classic Start Menu (Windows).
It's okay if the suggested application provides only the start menu or the taskbar.
I am also aware of iTaskbar but it has the same issues as uBar: it does not present applications in a multi-column application list, and maximized windows overlap with the taskbar.
Lastly, Fantasktik is no longer maintained and doesn't work with my OS X.