Not sure how to generalize this, but my rMBP 15" 2014 has started having several weird issues in the past few days:
- Typing freezes (briefly) in Notes
- Searching “Keychain” from spotlight returns some results but NOT “Keychain Access”
- Xcode stops building files because “too many open files on system”, fixed by restart
- Mail autocomplete doesn’t work -> Restart Mail, freezes on open -> Restart again, same -> Open Internet Accounts in System Prefs, freezes -> Restart computer, works
- Beachball opening folder from Dock -> Downloads (about 10 seconds)
None of these issues seems to stay for long. For example, if I search Spotlight for "Keychain" now, it returns the correct result.
More info, I'm running 10.10.1, 16gb RAM, my 500gb hard drive is about 2/5 free. I clean installed Yosemite about 6 months ago too.
Does anyone know this might be? Hardware issue, like failing motherboard or something? Or (hopefully) some kind of software bug?