I'm looking for the font that Apple is using for Special Key Symbols on their keyboards. I know that Vag Rounded is used for regular characters, but that font does not support characters used for the special keys. I've been searching for a font that would look at least similar to the symbols, but so far I haven't found anything satisfying. For example, here are some of the keys with the special symbols:

Return(↩) key: return key

Tab(⇥), Caps Lock(⇪), Shift(⇧), Alt(⌥), Command(⌘) keys: various keys

2 Answers 2


Have a look at Apple Symbols. Glyph 1009 in that one has similar corners.

enter image description here


You could find that symbols in emoji keyboard. Just type ctrl++space and search for it.

enter image description here

  • 2
    Thanks, unfortunately none of the installed fonts look like the symbols on the keyboard. For example, the return key symbol is always curved, whereas on the keyboard it has sharp corners.
    – shrx
    Dec 13, 2014 at 13:32

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .