I have an old iPhone 3G which I purchased in Canada and it was locked for three years to Rogers, a service provider.

Last month, I stopped the service and moved to the US. I was not able to use the iPhone because it was still bundled with a Canadian service provider and could not even go into the operating system.

I called the service provider but they won't help me unlock because I've stopped the service.

What can I do now?

  • 2
    Ha! As if Rogers would unlock it even if you did still have service with them.
    – Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams
    Jun 15, 2011 at 21:30

2 Answers 2


The programmer chpwn has created a web site where you can see if you can unlock your iPhone at http://caniunlock.com. Look there, and also at http://jailbrea.kr for jailbreak information. Good luck!


If memory serves me correctly you should have installed the firmware 4.2.1 on 3G! To unlock the phone and the only way 'to make the Jailbreack!

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .