Yosemite 10.10.1 on a 2012 MBA
Samba 4.1.13 on a d-link NAS via the miracle of fun_plug
- Saving a file to the share from an app's save dialog
- Making new directories on the share from Finder
- deleting files and directories on the share from Finder
- Moving a file from one directory on the share to another in Finder
What doesn't work, and how:
- Copying a file from my mac to the samba share in Finder: Finder Error -36 and a 0-byte file
- Duplicating a file on the share in Finder: Finder Error -36 and a 0-byte file
cp $file /Volumes/$share/$file: "could not copy extended attributes to /Volumes/$share/$file: Operation not supported" BUT file is created properly on share.
[ global ] netbios name = stuffbox server string = DNS-325 workgroup = workgroup security = user unix charset = UTF8 encrypt passwords = yes hide unreadable = yes null passwords = yes guest account = nobody max log size = 10 local master = no log level = 0 dns proxy = no ldap ssl = no use mmap = yes use spnego = yes socket options = IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=131072 SO_SNDBUF=131072 max xmit = 131072 disable netbios = yes strict allocate = yes csc policy = manual allocation roundup size = 1048576 create mask = 0777 directory mask = 0777 force create mode = 0777 force directory mode = 0777 use sendfile = yes deadtime = 10 smb passwd file = /ffp/lib/smbpasswd disable spoolss = yes nt acl support = yes acl map full control = yes strict allocate = no load printers = no admin users = sam vfs objects = streams_xattr unix extensions = no [ Media ] comment = path = /mnt/HD/HD_a2/media browseable = yes public = yes oplocks = no map archive = no read list = "nobody" write list = "nobody","sam","@utmp","@sshd" invalid users = valid users = "nobody","sam","@utmp","@sshd"
I've played around with the veto files setting, to no avail. Totally at a loss here.