I have multiple computers which I will be installing Lion on. Is it possible to download it once and install on those computers?
It will be, as announced on WWDC 2011 keynote. It will be delivered via the App Store for $29, and you can use it to update your other authorized Macs as well. I'm not to keen with the details. Sorry.
Link to the keynote: http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/11piubpwiqubf06/event/
Instructions taken from the following URL: http://www.tuaw.com/2011/06/07/how-to-burn-a-lion-boot-disc/
- Use Finder to locate the Mac OS X Lion installer, right-click and select "Show Package Contents."
- Find the SharedSupport folder and look for a file named "InstallESD.dmg." This is the Lion Boot Disc image.
- Copy the "InstallESD.dmg" file to another folder, such as your desktop.
- Launch Disk Utility and click the burn button.
- Select the "InstallESD.dmg" copy as the image to burn, insert a DVD, and in a few minutes, you will have a brand new Lion Boot Disc.
Since it complies to the same rules as other mac apps, you only need to buy Lion once.
At least that is what I recall from seeing the WWCD video.