I have a very large video on my iphone that is pretty important to me, its over an hour long around 8 gigs big.
I usually use image capture or iphoto to download my videos from my phone to my mac. However, I am having an issue with this video today. When I try to download it through Image Capture it says:
An error occured while importing. The item ‘IMG_1226.MOV” was not imported.
When I do it with iPhoto it says:
iPhoto cannot import your photos because there was a problem downloading an image.
I was don't know what's wrong with the video because I can perfectly watch it on my iPhone, so I am not sure whats wrong with this.
To try to repair this the only thing I really tried was to update my iPhone's OS and hope it does the trick. I am using iOS 8.1 which is the newest and it did nothing.
I am not sure how else to transfer it somewhere else so that I can have a copy of it on some other device. How does the community suggest I solve this?
Some ideas I've had (but have not tried yet because I am not sure how to do them):
- Send it to Dropbox somehow by internet... might be possible? Remember, its stuck on my iphone for the time being, so I need to send it through my phone.
- Make it an mp4 or some video format as is smaller (in my phone), compress it and send it to myself somehow, by mail or Dropbox (or see if the compressed video can be sent directly, remember, I can't do it on a computer for the time being, its stuck on my phone).
- upload the WHOLE thing to youtube on my phone (though I can't right now cuz it gigantic so my iphone only lets me do it by parts...). but then i would have the problem that I can't download it back... right?
- Go to the Genius Bar at an Apple Store...? But what could they do that I can't though...?
- one potential solution I thought was "editing" the video on my phone with some app that saves it a copy of it and then downloading it. I just don't know what good apps to edit videos exist for iPhone. The only issue with this is that, saving a copy that is as big will be a problem because I am already running out of space on my phone and I don't want to delete the videos until they are saved somewhere!
Some further restrictions I have.
My phone has 32 Gigs and 24 Gigs are already used. 15.4 GB of them are because of the videos. The rest is information I am willing to erase if I can save those videos.