I don't really know what it is called but it was an issue for me.
So here is what I was doing:
- Created Directory with content and have it open in finder
- Open a terminal and go to the same directory.
- In finder I delete the folder, it goes to the trash.
- Recreated folder in finder, with the same name, different content.
- Do a ls in the terminal, which prints out the old directory's content.
Is this normal? Do I really have to cd .. on the terminal and enter the "new" directory? (If I cd .. I end up in Trash, not the directory's initial location)
I guess it is a soft link directory, but shouldn't the terminal know that the directory it is currently in doesn't exist anymore and cd .. until it reaches a existing directory? (At step 3)
Is there a reason why it should still point to the old directory?