A folder or place search place that contained everything I used "Today" and "Yesterday" is missing from my new Yosemite finder on the left. Is it not possible to have this? It was a quick easy way to recall specific things when working on a lot of different things.
They don't appear to be there by default, but you can add them back in pretty easily.
- Open a Finder window
- Type "today" into the search box.
- It should offer you two options in a dropdown menu "Dates: today" and "Filenames - Name Matches: today". Pick the dates option.
- The search should complete and the search bar should appear saying "This Mac" and the name of which ever folder the Finder window had opened. Choose "This Mac".
- The search bar should also offer you a "Save" button. Click Save.
- A Save panel should appear allowing you to specify a name and location for the saved search. There should also be a "Add To Sidebar" check box. Check the box.
Repeat for "Yesterday".