In the newest Apple Contacts version 9.0, how do you export all contacts or an .abbu file to a .csv file or other usable spreadsheet format? Dragging and dropping to Numbers does not work. Exporting to Vcard does not work...only exports a small handful of vcards out of over 4,000 and data is not usable in Numbers, Excel, or Outlook/Windows Live Mail. Please help!
- In Contacts select all contacts you want to export or press CMD-A.
- Press CMD-C (copy to clipboard).
- Open a new, empty Numbers document.
- Delete any existing table in that document.
- Press CMD-V to paste your clipboard.
This gives you a nice spreadsheet with all your selected contacts and proper rows and columns.
In Contacts select all then Export as vCard file.
Use this online conversion tool to get CVS file.
vCard to LDIF/CSV Converter
You can also download the script and run in directly on your computer for increased privacy.