I've upgraded to OS X Yosemite and now my wireless bluetooth keyboard is not connecting anymore. I have a bluetooth Belkin 10 keyboard.
I seem to have fixed this now.
- I went into Bluetooth prefs and removed the mouse and Keyboard.
- I removed to batteries from both.
- Went to System Preferences → Mouse
- Put batteries back into mouse, re-paired mouse only
- Went to System Preferences → Keyboard → Connect Bluetooth Keyboard.
- Re-paired keyboard.
Dave Meehan's technique worked for me:
- Switch off the keyboard by holding down the power button for at least 3 seconds
- Click the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar
- Click on “Set Up Bluetooth Device” or “Open Bluetooth Preferences”
- urn on the keyboard by holding down the power button, but do not let go of the power button. It must be kept held down through the entire process.
- The Setup Assistant will find the keyboard, so click the name of the keyboard, and then click on “Continue”. Make sure you are still holding the power button down.
- You will be prompted for the Pairing Code. You can now release the power button, type the pairing code on the keyboard and then press return. There will be a slight delay whilst the pairing completes (a few seconds)
- The keyboard will now be Paired.
So just to clarify, the trick is to continually hold down the power button.