So this is quite a headache already. I'll lay out what I've done chronologically:
- Not knowing that the Apple ID is still in use on a device (iPad), I've changed the associated email address on the Apple ID website.
- The Apple ID is now associated with the new email address
- I completely forgot this ever took place.
- The boss approaches me, asks for the password of the Apple ID.
- I forgot the password, so I reset.
- No email came through
- Checking Safari for saved password, found it.
- Did not work
- Found a similar password associated with a different email address
- Suddenly remembered the change of ID
Now, for the questions:
- Why didn't the iPad reflected the change I made regarding the email? This could've solved my problem, but it became stuck with basically a non-existent Apple ID.
- Why can't I add the old email address as an alternative, or re-associate it with the Apple ID?
- What do I do next? The iPad is associated with a non-existent Apple ID, and I can't turn off the Find my iPhone.
I hold you can help me with this issues.