I typically use the US Extended keyboard for typing, however, I can't always recall where certain deadkeys are. Does anyone make an overlay, or keyboard stickers which can be used to make my keyboard more accessible for international diacritics?

Alternatively, is there any software around for making these decals?

Note: this answer shows what a US Extended layout looks like for those who are unaware.

  • What is a deadkey? not functioning or not used? – Ruskes Sep 22 '14 at 15:41
  • @Buscar웃, it's a key used to type an accent, for example option-e is "´" then I type the letter e to get "é". – NoahM Sep 22 '14 at 16:08
  • in this case if you hold the "e" key for few seconds is there a pop up showing you the options for the "e" key ? – Ruskes Sep 22 '14 at 16:14
  • e é è ê ë ė as example – Ruskes Sep 22 '14 at 16:15
  • 1
    Thank you, I was not aware of that method, I use the handy pop up when holding a letter that requires accent. I also modified that popup application to accents I use more frequently and that were not a part of the pop up. Since in all cases the alphabet is still Latin the only difference is the accent for all languages. Example the "sch" is a Š in Eastern Eu. So all I have to do when typing in Ester Eu is to hold the "S" and pick the one I want from the popup, nothing to remember. – Ruskes Sep 22 '14 at 18:04

You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .