Apple states that the 2014 11-inch MacBook Air has a battery life of 9 hours and the 13-inch model has a battery life of 12 hours. These stats are for the default configuration:
- Processor: 1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache;
- RAM: 4GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory;
- Storage: 128 Gb or 256 Gb PCIe-based flash storage.
MacBook Air can be upgraded though:
- Processor: configurable to 1.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz) with 4MB shared L3 cache;
- RAM: configurable to 8GB;
Storage: configurable to 512GB flash storage.
I believe the component that has the biggest impact on battery life is the processor, though also RAM could affect battery life. What about storage? Do you have battery life stats of an upgraded MacBook Air?
Power is important for me but also battery life and weight, so I'd buy a MacBook Air, otherwise if I only cared about power I'd buy a MacBook Pro.