So i'm getting really frustrated with the new and the best feature of iOS 8 - Handoff. I've tried many different ways to make it work, but nothing helped:
- Tried various methods of restarting both devices (with Handoff checked, without).
- Tried turning off/on bluetooth, AirDrop, WiFi.
- Changed AirDrop to Contacts Only / Everyone.
- Changed different WiFi networks (we're using AirPort Extreme in our office, so that should not be a problem).
- Tried tinkering with iCloud options (turning on/off various services).
- Tried to turn passcode on/off.
- Tried to turn on/off shared apps settings (my apps, app store).
I have an iPhone 5S and iPad Mini Retina, so incompatibility for hardware reasons is out of question here.
And another weird thing is that my colleague has an iPhone 5 and iPad Mini Retina, and Handoff works for him perfectly. We both don't have Yosemite on our Mac Airs yet, so that is off the question here too.
What could be wrong? How can i possibly find atleast where to start with this problem? The answers on the interwebs are scarce, and i would need at least a way to find some log, or something like that to begin with (I Have IT background, so im hopefull at least to find a thread to hang on).
This is the best feature for me in iOS 8, the one I was waiting for, and now that this is happening... I'm out of words about how Apple works... And I think there are many people with same problem, so maybe some of you had found a way to fix this?