For the first time, I left my iPhone 5c charging all night for about 4 hours. In the morning when I unplugged it, it had turned off when it was on when I left it for charging. I tried to turn it on, but the screen won't hitch. At first I thought it got stuck, but it seemed like the battery had been damaged because it won't buzz at all. What should I do?
Theoretically overcharging a device is not possible, as once it reaches the 100% of the battery capacity, it will just stop charging.
Are you sure the device was being charged when you left it? Perhaps you connected the iPhone to the charger but not the charger to the AC?
This will explain why it won't turn on as it would be battery drained.
If this is not the case, going to an Apple Store would be the best option.
It's far more likely you just had a failure, unrelated to charging and need service. If it was overcharging, getting a technician to look at it would be even more important that a simple failure, so have it checked out.
You must log in to answer this question.
protected by bmike♦ Jan 21 '16 at 18:24
Thank you for your interest in this question.
Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).
Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?