I have the following problem: Using office for mac 2011 on Mac Os 10.9.4, I can use the font Tahoma in Word and Excel, but it doesn't show in the list, where you have to pick the font. If I just manually click into the list and write Tahoma, it works and I am able to use the Tahoma font.
Other applications, like TextEdit, show Tahoma and I am able to use it just from picking it from the font list.
I found lots of guides here one AskDifferent, as well as on the apple support forums and some other forums. Things I checked and tried:
- The folder /Library/Fonts contains "Tahoma Bold.ttf" and "Tahoma.ttf"
- The folder /Library/Fonts/Microsoft doesn't contain any Tahoma fonts
- I tried to copy the two fonts also to /Library/Fonts/Microsoft - this didn't work
- I used font book to check the fonts and search for duplicates, everything was alright
- I booted Mac Os using safe mode (holding shift) to reset the font cache, this didn't help either
- Microsoft Office is up to date, no new updates are available
The strange thing is, that the font was showing before. Probably it was removed from the list during some previous updates.
Do you have some ideas, what else I could try? Thanks in advance!