My iMac constantly dropping its internet connection in the last couple of days. I'm connected to a 2.4GHZ Airport Express. Not a router issue, because my iPhone and iPad works just fine, no connectivity issues. Also not an iMac hardware issue, because i tried to connect to the iPhone's tethering network using WiFi, works just fine, without any issues. Here is a copy/paste from the network utility when i try to ping google, you can see that the network is dropping constantly:
You can see that the ping time increases just before and after the connection lost. Driving me nuts.
I know theres multiple questions like this, but i seriously tried every solution from these question, but nothing helps:
- Pinging in the background to keep the connection
- Tried deleting all network preferences, setup new network
- Deleting wifi keychains
- Upgrade & Downgrade Airport Express firmware
- Changed the channel number to 11
- Tried with closed iTunes
- Tried different browser
- PRam reset
- Tried renaming the SSID
- Connecting to 5GHZ network
- No torrent running in the background
- Tried with Google DNS (22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199)
- Changed MTU to 1453
- Disconnected both my iPad and iPhone from wifi, so only my iMac uses the network, no luck
If i disable wifi and turn it back on, it will ALWAYS fix the issue for a couple of seconds/minutes, but if i don't do anything, usually it will fixes itself in a minute or two.
OSX 10.9.4 21.5-inch iMac, Mid 2011
Not sure if it helps, but a couple of more stuff: I used the Wireless Diagnostics to get the following stuff:
- wifi.log: http://pastebin.com/svNJhNNr
- Available networks: http://cl.ly/image/3a1n1X3X023E
- Performance: http://cl.ly/image/0v3f0d3H1B1p
Edit: Just updated to 10.10 (14A299l), same issue, even when it asked me for my iCloud login on the first startup, it won't accept it because the connection lost...