I wondered if I ask this on either Mac community, or that of Ubuntu or else. But I hope Mac is the best one.
On Ubuntu in "Systems Setting" --> "Display", I only see 800x600 resolution option. As I change the size of the VM window, it just expands/shrink accordingly, maintaining the same ratio (800x600) that is way too narrow for me.
Already tried but no good:
- On VM's setting --> "Display", I tried checking both on/off with "Accelerate 3D Graphics" or "User full resolution for Retina display".
pref.autoFitGuestToWindow = "FALSE"to ~/Library/Preferences/VMware Fusion/preferences (https://communities.vmware.com/message/2342718)
- Re-install VMWare Tools (link)
- Ubuntu DEB package open-vm-tools, along with the instruction
Any idea is appreciated.
- VMWare Fusion 6.0.3 with VMWare Tools installed (via VMWare host).
- OSX 10.9.3 on Macbook Pro, Retina 15-inch
- VM: Ubuntu 12.04 64b