I just opened my new MacBook Air and I noticed that when my computer asks for my password, the tinted word that should say "Password" (before I type it) is in a different language. How do I change it to English?
I've had this happen with a couple of new Macs at our office recently. I'm not sure if something is off with Apple's latest imaging of new Macs but the fix is relatively simple.
- Login as normal, using your regular password.
Click on the menu in the upper left corner and choose System Preferences (4th choice down)
Click on Language & Region
Change the following
- If English is already an option then drag it to the top of the list
- Click the + symbol in the lower left to add English to the list of languages
- Change the region to the appropriate one (Americas, North America, United States)
- Click "Show All" to leave the preference pane and return to System Preferences. Your language should now be set to English. You might restart your Mac to make sure.