I recently moved computers, and since then I can no longer import certificates into my login keychain. I have:
- Tried using Keychain First aid
- Tried running reset password in recovery mode to reset permissions
- Tried running disk first aid and resetting permissions
None of these have helped. I still get [UNIX]Permission Denied when I try to import.
So I tried a few other experiments:
- I tried deleting old passwords from the keychain. that worked fine
- I made a new keychain, development, and imported the certificate there. that worked fine too.
So for whatever reason, something is wrong with my login keychain. Is there a way to export everything and re-import into a new copy? I looked on the Apple web site, but it's hopelessly out of date.