I have been having problems with my iCloud account not syncing properly with my iOS devices, so I wanted to reinstall the iCloud account.
The first thing that I wanted to do was to remove my old iCloud account, which worked for everything except for Mail.
When I try to deactivate the iCloud mail setting, it says:
iCloud Mail couldn’t be disabled from the iCloud Preference Pane.
Open Mail and remove your iCloud account from Mail preferences.
However, when I do that, Mail does not have an iCloud account, so it cannot be removed.
Here is what I have tried till now, without success:
- I tried to add the iCloud mail account into mail.app so that I could remove it.
- Adding the account “worked”, as in it didn't fail, however the account still does not show up on my list of accounts, and so still cannot be removed.
- I have restarted my computer
- I didn't expect this to work, and it didn't.
- I have repaired disk permissions.
- There were a few errors (aren't there always??), but this didn't help.
- I have searched the web for others having the same problem.
- I didn't find anyone with the same issue, nor did workarounds for other similar issues help.
In response to the comment on the question. I have a lot of (almost 6000) 'ACL found but not expected' messages. I have been led to believe by various internet searches that these are harmless.