My iMac 27" screen went black on start up after logo, but I could still see my mouse pointer. I've restarted my computer and it is still not helping at all.
I'm running Mavericks 10.9.2 with an i5 processor and 4GB RAM.
Couple things that I've done:
- I did a PRAM reset with ⌘, ⌥, P & R at start up and still no luck.
- Launched Disk Utilities by holding command & R keys at start up, ran disk diagnostics and got a good message. I also click all repair related buttons and still green message appeared OK.
- I booted up into Safe mode and still no luck.
- I ran Apple Hardware Testing and the result is good.
- I've reinstalled OS X Mavericks and still the same problem.
I'm wondering what would be the possible culprit with this kind of issue?