Last night my mid-2010 Mac Pro woke up and probably installed some update (Mavericks). After this, every time I boot, black screen with cursor appears instead of login window.
- I've tried blindly enter password and log in but with no results.
- Power button doesn't respond, I can't even sleep or shutdown the machine.
- I've cleared NVRAM, but it doesn't help
- Safe mode doesn't work (mac restarts before progressbar go to 100%)
- Disk repair tool found some minor problem (invalid count of folders in some directory - one extra) - no results
- I've reinstalled mavericks (In the Command+R menu during boot), still not working.
What else can I try?
I have some data in encrypted home folder, so I want to recover some of the files.