I am attempting to use iTunes through a work proxy.
When loading iTunes, it prompts me to enter a username and password for the http and https proxy servers, but fails, saying the password was incorrect. The pattern is that, the dialog will appear, details entered, and it will then ask for the http or https details, then repeat again and again.
- I have tried DOMAIN\username, like, NTADMIN\bob
- My network account is not locked
- Sometimes, after entering my username & password on the first few times, I'm able to see some album art start to load. So, on some instances, I'm getting through the proxy.
- My password is definitely being entered correctly.... Yes, I'm sure, and yes it works.
- Network Connectivity Tests show:
- Network interfaces verified
- Internet connection verified
- Secure link to iTunes Store failed.
- (Technical) I have deleted my keychain & even deleted all settings and installed.
- (Technical) iTunes is one of the only applications that don't work with the proxy.
- (Technical) I have managed to get it working if I specify my proxy as my local CNTLM application. But I don't want to set my Windows system level proxy to always go through that.
Is there a way to force iTunes to use a specific proxy, rather than use the Windows system one?